Friday, March 6, 2009

Music in the Air

Heres my nephew and niece trying to wake me up with some morning music in Gurgaon last year - This is me, originally by Demi Lovato.  I happen to think these two will shake up the music world in due course.

In the meantime, at a dinner event this week at a close friends’, I heard a few recent Hindi songs I hadn’t heard before. Is this Love by Kunal Ganjawala, and Maula Maula by Roop Kumar Rathod. These songs along with earlier recent hearings of Woh Chali by Bombay Vikings and Allah Ke Bande by Kailesh Kher all evoke a richness and depth that I hadn’t, till now, experienced with Hindi, mostly Bollywood music. I think this genre is expanding in very creative and energetic ways at a pace I haven’t seen ever before, and one that probably stands out from others. Good for its fans - and I count myself in now as since then my iPod file size has increased significantly (Sufi Music, Recent Bollywood Hits, India-Pop).